Saturday, April 13, 2013

K.2, Minuet in F Major


K.2 Minuet in F Major

Back to a chronological standard...

What would young Mozart have been thinking as he composed this song?  How can I have any idea?  I think of my four-year-old son.  If he had the ability to write, what would he say?  At that age, there is such a strong affection toward parents, (unfortunately or fortunately) regardless of their parenting skills.  ‘Look at me.’  ‘Talk to me.’   ‘Read to me.’ ‘Play with me.’  These desires drew Mozart to music.  The attentions of his father.   This Minuet in F Major proclaim the tender affections of a child receiving attention from his father.   I can imagine Leopold sitting beside his young son, tears and a smile, jotting Minuet in F into the music book.  An innocent tune for an innocent time. 

Then I ask, 'Am I giving either of my sons reasons to write such music?'

No comments:

Post a Comment