Monday, April 15, 2013

K. 4, Minuet in F Major


K. 4, Minuet in F Major

So as I sit here, I wonder how am I going to write about each of these early pieces and have something different to say.  I could have lumped K. 1-5 in one blog, but I’m not sure that would have done the pieces justice.  The goal of my trying a mostly chronological method is to see if my tone-deaf ears can hear places of new innovation.  Of course, I still plan on throwing a variation in from time-to-time.  Otherwise, the posts could grow dull (if they are not already for most folks).

Again, K. 4 is a pleasant song with some of the same tender tunes of K. 2.  As I listened, I thought of my time stationed in Germany.  If only I had been a fan of Mozart then.  I was in the southeastern part, not horribly far from Salzburg (or Vienna).  It would have been nice to see Mozart’s Memorials. 

When we look at historical sights, often we do not realize the significance of the places until they but are memories.  For example, while in Germany, I went took a tour of Flossenburg Concentration Camp.  The guide told us that Dietrich Bonheoffer died there.  I didn’t know who he was at the time (nor was I too concerned).  Now, however, I am quite familiar with the man and his accomplishment.  If only I had realized…  Would I have absorbed the experience differently?  

If Mozart only had realized his experiences differently, how might we know him today?  Would he have lived longer and been undeniably, the greatest composer.  Or, was it his outlook on life that created such powerful music?

No comments:

Post a Comment